23 August 2009

Officially certified to teach English as a second language!

Despite being one speeding ticket (no points), a U of M parking ticket, and $950 (class cost) poorer, as of today, I am nevertheless officially certified through Oxford Seminars to teach English as a second/foreign language (TESL/TEFL). Although not required for my upcoming teaching position in France, I decided to take the intensive 60 teacher training certification course to gain confidence in the classroom.  

My anxiety over teaching in a foreign country has diminished to a tolerable level, and I definitely have a firmer grasp of lesson planning, classroom management techniques, and teaching speaking, listening, reading, and writing. 

Needless to say, it's been three sleepless weeks, as the workload of this course was heaped onto my piles of other responsibilities (French paperwork, doctor's appointments, packing, freelance design work, etc). I was so relieved to complete the class that I promptly came home for a 4 hour nap. 

I leave in 28 days... and so much still needs to be done... including informing my boss that I'm leaving... the scariest part of all! 

I just need to have faith that I'll get everything done... Miraculously, up until this point in my life, I always have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails